Send SMS chat messages to your diners to keep them informed about their booking or queue space.
If you have a lot of repeat messages to send diners, you can save these as templates.
The diner can also message you if they’re running late or need to change their booking.
Send and receive messages
- From the Parties list, Table plan or Planner, select a party by clicking their name
- Select the ‘Chat’ tab in the Booking details menu
- Type your message in your message in the text box, or select a templated message
- Click the send button to send the message to the customer as an SMS message
- When the diner replies, you will receive a notification next to their party name
If you have messages that you regularly need to send to diners, create message templates so you can send them out at the click of a button.
- Click Settings in the sidebar and select ‘Templates’
- Scroll to the bottom of the page to see your message templates
- Click ‘Add’ and enter your text to create a new message template.
Your template can now be used from the ‘Chat’ tab of the Booking details menu.
At any time, click into the text field to edit a message template.
Click the rubbish icon to delete a template.
Close a chat with a diner
Once you have completed your chat with a diner, click ‘Close chat’ to end the conversation.