Your Dojo Go can connect to your Wi-Fi as well as a 4G signal using its built-in SIM card. This means you’ll be able to keep taking payments if your Wi-Fi goes down or you’re out-and-about with your machine.
This article covers some quick troubleshooting steps to take if your Dojo is unable to connect to your Wi-Fi or 4G.
If these steps don’t work for you, please get in touch and we’ll get you back taking payments as quickly as possible.
- Switch to 4G-only mode
- Reset your Dojo Go
- Reset your internet router
- Switch to a different 4G signal
Switch to 4G-only mode
Your Dojo Go will automatically switch to 4G if it’s disconnected from your Wi-Fi but it will still try to connect if your internet router is broadcasting a faint signal, for example: your router is set up indoors and you’re taking payments at the bottom of the garden. If you’re experiencing poor Wi-Fi connectivity, disable Wi-Fi on your Dojo Go and it will only use 4G:
- On your Dojo Go, tap the menu bar and select ‘Settings’
- Tap 'Wi-Fi.' It should currently be marked 'Enabled'
- Toggle the switch to ‘Off’ to disable the Wi-Fi connection
- You should see the 4G icon appear at the top of the screen as it switches to a mobile signal
- We recommend you make a test transaction of £0.01 to confirm the 4G connection is stable.
Restart your Dojo Go
If there are any problems with your Dojo Go’s settings, turning it off and on again will help to reset them:
- Hold down the power button on your Dojo Go for 2-4 seconds to power it off. This is located on its right side
- Leave the machine alone for 30 seconds, then power it on again by pressing the power button for 2-4 seconds. It should automatically connect to a 4G signal, and your Wi-fi if it’s enabled.
Restart your internet router
Before restarting your internet router, check that it’s working correctly by connecting to your Wi-Fi with another device (such as your phone).
- Turn your router off
- Leave it alone for 30 seconds, then turn it back on again
Switch to a different 4G signal
If your 4G connection isn't very good, switch your card machine to a different network to find a better connection:
- Tap the menu icon then select 'Settings'
- Select 'Mobile network'
- Tap your current mobile network
- On the next screen, select which network to switch your connection to.
Still need another network? Hotspot from your personal mobile. If your personal phone has signal, turn on your phone’s hotspot feature and connect to your Dojo using Wi-Fi. Remember, your personal network rates will now apply.
If none of the above steps work for you, please get in touch and we’ll get you back taking payments as quickly as possible.