We want to help you switch as quickly and easily as possible. That’s why we’ll pay up to £3,000 for any fees incurred from cancelling your contract with your previous provider
To claim cancellation costs, follow the steps below:
1. Cancel your contract with your existing provider
- Contact your provider to cancel: Once you've signed up with us, contact your previous provider (using the example letter below). You’ll find their contact details on previous statements or on their website. This also includes your terminal leasing provider if you have a separate contract.
- Pay any cancellation fees to your previous provider: Make sure you keep proof of payment in the form of a bank statement or receipt.
- Request a final VAT statement: Ask your previous card payment provider to send you a final VAT statement or invoice clearly stating the fee for cancellation. You will also need to request one from your terminal leasing provider if this is a separate company.
2. Send us your documents
Please complete the claim form attaching:
- The final VAT statement from your previous card payment provider (all pages) and terminal lease provider (if applicable) stating the cancellation fee.
- Proof of payment to your previous provider(s). This can be a bank statement or receipt, clearly showing the cancellation fee paid.
3. We process your refund
Once we’ve received all of the required documents, it will take up to 14 days to process your refund. We will transfer the agreed amount (excluding VAT) to the bank account we hold on file for you. If there are any issues with the documents provided, we’ll contact you to help you resolve the issue.
Please note that we're unable to cancel your existing provider on your behalf.
Example cancellation letter
The process for cancelling your existing contract will differ depending on your previous provider. However, we recommend including all the below information in your cancellation request.
To whom it may concern,
I am writing to give formal notice for cancelling my merchant account and card payment terminals associated to the account details listed below. Please action as soon as possible.
[Your business name]
[Your business address]
[Your merchant/account ID]
Please respond promptly to this email to confirm my contract has been cancelled. Please also make the necessary arrangements for the retrieval of your equipment and ensure all other suppliers are aware of my termination. I also require a copy of my final statement.