The Dojo Go comes with 4G connectivity via its in-built SIM card. This means if your Wi-Fi ever goes down, you can still take payments using a mobile signal.
Your Dojo Go will automatically switch to 4G if your Wi-Fi drops out. But if you're having intermittent Wi-Fi, you can switch to mobile connectivity in just a few taps.
- On your Dojo Go, tap the menu bar and select ‘Settings’
- Tap 'Wi-Fi.' It should currently be marked 'Enabled'
- Toggle the switch to ‘Off’ to disable the Wi-Fi connection
- You should see the 4G icon appear at the top of the screen as it switches to a mobile signal
- We recommend you make a test transaction of £0.01 to confirm the 4G connection is stable.
Just remember to turn your Wi-Fi settings back on once your internet connection is stable again.
Check out our quick video for how to turn off Wi-Fi, and switch to mobile connectivity.
Click on the settings icon at the bottom right of the video to ensure you're watching in HD quality.
Note: Your Dojo Go will be unable to connect to 4G and take payments if there is no available mobile signal. If you'll be trading in a remote location without a Wi-Fi connection, we recommend checking its signal strength before you arrive using a tool such as this website.
Switch between different mobile networks
If your 4G connection isn't very good, switch your card machine to a different network to find a better connection:
- Tap the menu icon then select 'Settings'
- Select 'Mobile network'
- Tap your current mobile network
- On the next screen, select which network to switch your connection to.