Enabling online checkout for your business’s website allows you to take remote online payments through Dojo and take advantage of next-day transfers.
This article covers how to link your website’s checkout with Dojo:
In this article:
- Access your JWT token and gateway username information
- Download and install the Dojo plugin
- Viewing online checkout transactions
Access your JWT token and gateway username information
Your developer will need to authenticate your website’s shopping basket with Dojo’s online gateway.
- Click ‘Account’ in the sidebar, then select ‘Location’
- Choose the location that’s linked to your website
- Under 'Remote Payments' select your website
- Click ‘Developer Resources.’
Here you’ll find the JWT token and gateway username information that your developer will need to authenticate your website's shopping cart with Dojo’s online gateway.
To share this information with your developer, click each detail then click the copy icon. You can paste this information into a secure message to your developer.
Download and install the Dojo plugin
This is information for developers.
- Download the plugin for your website's shopping cart from the Dojo developer portal
- The installation process is different for each shopping cart. Follow the instructions provided in the plugin to enable online checkout for your website.
Viewing Online Checkout Transactions
Once Dojo online checkout is enabled, transactions that are completed through your website will appear in the transactions list on your Dojo account. Their payment method will be marked ‘Online Checkout.’
Click here to learn more about viewing and filtering your transactions list.