Note: Online checkout is in early access. We’re inviting people to help us develop this product, so please click here to register your interest. We’ll let you know as soon as your invitation is ready.
In this article:
Refunding online checkout transactions
- Use the transaction filters to find the transaction you want to refund
- Click ‘Refund’
- Select a full or partial refund. Enter the refund amount, then click ‘Confirm’
- Enter a refund reason so you have a record. This is included in the CSV export of your transaction list and on the transaction details of the refunded transaction.
- Enter any notes you want to associate with the refund. These are also included in the CSV export of your transaction list.
- A message will appear when the refund is approved
- The refunded transaction will appear as a new line item in the transaction list.
Tip: The refund is also recorded on the transaction details screen of the original transaction as part of the transaction’s history.
Reversing online checkout transactions
Note: Reversals can only be actioned on the same calendar day as the original transaction.
- Use the transaction filters to find the transaction you want to reverse
- Click to view more transaction details
- Click ‘Reverse’ and then ‘Confirm’
- A message will appear when the reversal is approved
The original transaction will be recorded as reversed and marked with the reversed icon