In this article:
Refunding online checkout transactions
- Use the transaction filters to find the transaction you want to refund
- Click ‘Refund’
- Select a full or partial refund. Enter the refund amount, then click ‘Confirm’
- Enter a refund reason so you have a record. This is included in the CSV export of your transaction list and on the transaction details of the refunded transaction.
- Enter any notes you want to associate with the refund. These are also included in the CSV export of your transaction list.
- A message will appear when the refund is approved
- The refunded transaction will appear as a new line item in the transaction list.
Tip: The refund is also recorded on the transaction details screen of the original transaction as part of the transaction’s history.
Reversing online checkout transactions
Note: Reversals can only be actioned on the same calendar day as the original transaction.
- Use the transaction filters to find the transaction you want to reverse
- Click to view more transaction details
- Click ‘Reverse’ and then ‘Confirm’
- A message will appear when the reversal is approved
The original transaction will be recorded as reversed and marked with the reversed icon