Payment links allow you to securely request payments from customers when you’re away from your card machine, helping you to take payments remotely without a website.
In this article:
- How to generate and share payment links
- How your customer pays via payment link
- How to review payment links
- How to view transactions paid by payment link
- How to refund payment link transactions
How to generate and share payment links
- Click ‘Payment links’ in the sidebar. If you have remote payments enabled for multiple trading locations, select which one you want to generate the link from.
- Click ‘Create payment’
- Fill out the transaction amount and add a description to provide more context for the transaction - this could be the product or service being paid for.
- Select whether you need your customer to enter their delivery address as well as their billing address. This is useful if you are shipping something to them.
- Click ‘Create link’ when you’re finished to generate the payment link.
- Share the link by tapping the copy icon and pasting it into an email or message.
How your customer pays via payment link
When your customer taps or clicks the link, they’re taken to a secure checkout page where they can view the amount and your description.
They can enter their card and billing information, or pay by Google Pay or Apple Pay.
Your customer will receive an email receipt once they completed the transaction.
How to review payment links
Your Dojo account records your currently pending and past payment links so you can manage and review them. You can even re-share them if your customer has not paid yet.
- Click ‘Payment links.’ If you have multiple trading locations, select which one you want to view the links for.
- The next page shows the date, description, amount, and paid status of each transaction. Click the three-dot icon to the right of each transaction to see more options:
- Click ‘share’ to re-share the link with your customer if they have not paid you yet.
- Click ‘void’ to cancel the link if the transaction is no longer valid or taking place.
How to review transactions paid by payment link
Once your customer has paid via your payment link, the link’s status on the Payment links page will change to ‘Paid.’
The payment will be listed on your account’s transaction list like any other card machine transaction, with the payment method recorded as ‘Payment link.’ The description you entered when generating the payment link will also be recorded.
Select 'Cardholder details' to see the billing address for the transaction, as well as the shipping address if it was recorded.
How to refund payment link transactions
- Select the transaction you want to refund from the transactions list.
Remember: you can filter your transaction list by payment method to quickly find your transaction.
- Click ‘Refund.’