Payment links can be used to pre-authorise a transaction, allowing you to collect a payment later or release it back to your customer. This is ideal for taking a deposit, authorising a booking or taking advance payment ahead of shipping.
In this article:
- How to create a pre-authorised payment link
- How to review pre-authorised payments
- How to collect or release pre-authorised payments
Create a pre-authorised payment link
- Create a payment link following steps 1-4 in this article
- Select ‘Collect funds later’ to create a pre-authorised payment link
- Follow steps 5-6 in this article to finish creating the payment link and share it with your customer
- When your customer enters their payment information and completes the link, the transaction amount will be reserved in their account until you choose to collect the payment or release it back to the customer.
How to review pre-authorised payments
Pre-authorised payment links are marked ‘uncollected’ in your payment links list.
They are also marked with a clock symbol in your transactions list.
How to collect or release pre-authorised payments
Click a payment link marked ‘uncollected’ in the payment links list, then select either ‘Collect’ or ‘Release:’
- Click ‘Collect’ to complete the sale and you will be credited the transaction amount.
- ‘Release’ returns the transaction amount to your customer