Integrate Dojo with your business’s Xero account to quickly and easily reconcile your daily transfer - your monthly Dojo invoice will be automatically exported, too.
In this article:
- Integrate Dojo with your Xero account
- Reconcile your Dojo data in Xero
Integrate Dojo with your Xero account
Log into your Dojo account at account.dojo.tech
- Click 'Get Started'
- On the next page, log into your Xero account if you aren’t already logged in. Then select the Xero organisation to connect to Dojo, if you have more than one
- Click ‘Allow access.’
You will be taken back to Dojo to complete the integration setup
- Select billing accounts for Xero to code your Dojo data against. Select accounts for 20% VAT expenses and 0% VAT expenses
- Click ‘Next’
- Select the date from which you want to start exporting your data from Dojo into Xero.
- Click ‘Save’
Your Dojo account is now successfully integrated with Xero! Transaction and transfer data is imported automatically to Xero every afternoon and your Dojo invoice is exported automatically every month.
The integration page in Dojo summarises the connection with Xero. Click the ‘Edit’ button to change your settings at any time.
Reconcile your Dojo data in Xero
Daily transaction data
Dojo creates a bank account in Xero, to which it imports your daily transaction data. This is split into 5 lines:
Use Xero’s bank rules to reconcile these transactions:
- Create Receive Money bank rules to reconcile the Revenue, Gratuity and Cashback.
- Create a Spend Money bank rule to reconcile the Refunds transaction.
- Create a Transfer Money bank rule to reconcile the Transfer transaction. This rule should post the transaction to the bank account your daily Dojo transfer goes to.
Your Dojo transfer will be posted against your bank feed for reconciliation.
Your monthly Dojo invoice will be automatically imported into Xero into the ‘Bills’ section of your purchase ledger as ‘Awaiting payment.’ Process this like you would any other invoice.