Experiences allow you to create different types of bookings for your diners, such as bottomless brunch, afternoon tea, or set menu events.
This means you can take bookings with different seating and deposit arrangements within a single booking schedule.
Create an experience
When you create a booking schedule, standard bookings are available for parties by default. Additional experiences are created separately to be added to your booking schedules.
To create an experience:
- In the Dojo Bookings RMS, click Settings in the sidebar and select Booking types
- Select the Experiences tab at the top of the screen.
This page details all the different experiences you’ve already set up at your business
- Click ‘Create experience’
- In the next page, enter a name for the experience
Note: We recommend giving the experience a short name of 1-3 words, and make it clear and descriptive. If you have multiple experiences, keep the naming consistent
- Enter a description
Tips for writing a description:
- Who the experience is for
- What the experience is
- Where it happens
- Why diners will love it
- Be brief
Important: If the experience has age restrictions, such as experiences in which alcohol may be provided, you must comply with all relevant licensing and age verification law and regulation.
- If the experience has a set menu price, enter one
- Select a duration for the experience:
- If it’s part of your standard offering to customers (such as brunch), select Ongoing
- If it runs for a limited time only (such as Christmas parties or sporting events) select a date range
- Add a booking policy if diners are required to pay a deposit for the experience.
Learn more about booking policies and deposits.
- Enable enquiries if you’d like diners to be able to enquire for party sizes outside your standard booking schedule.
Learn more about booking enquiries.
- Finally, select any category tags that apply to this experience. These will help diners find it on the Dojo app.
- Click Create experience
Your new booking experience is listed on the Experiences page and is ready to be added to booking schedules.
Click the three-dot menu to edit an experience.
Add an experience to a booking schedule
Experiences are added in the final step of creating a booking schedule but can be added at any time:
- In the Dojo Bookings RMS, click Settings in the sidebar and select Bookings
- Select the Schedules tab at the top of the screen.
This page details all the different booking schedules you have set up at your restaurant
- Click the three-dot menu next to a schedule to edit it
- On the next page, click 'Continue' until you reach the stage select Additional booking types (step 3)
- Select an experience from the dropdown menu
- Select the areas and tables that are available for this experience.
Then, select the party sizes that can book for the experience and set seating durations for them
- Add any additional experiences for this booking schedule, then click ‘Save schedule’
Diners will now be able to select which experience they want when making a booking.
How a diner books for an experience
When a diner makes a booking via your embedded booking link or the Dojo app they will be able to select one of the experiences your restaurant offers.
They will see the experience’s description as well as any set menu price and deposit policy.
Learn more about how diners make bookings.
You can also select an experience when making a booking through the Dojo Bookings RMS.